Read About Us…..
We are delighted to have been featured in a number of national and local publications – it really is an honour to have received such recognition.
Articles in 2017
On 10th June 2017 we appeared in a ‘Yorkshire Treasures’ feature in the Yorkshire Post
Articles in 2016
We are delighted to feature in the 1st birthday issue of Howdenshire Living Magazine – now available in shops
Following our win in the Visit York Awards we have had a plethora of articles appearing this summer:
National newspapers include Country Living with stunning photographs by the award winning Richard Bloom, Garden News and Land Love Magazine.
Local papers that have featured us include the Selby Times and the Yorkshire Times
In April we were one of the recommended gardens in Living North magazine for 2016
In March we appeared in an article about RHS Partner Gardens in The Garden magazine
Articles in 2015
We are delighted to have a monthly gardening column in Living North Magazine and we hope you enjoy the most recent article, “Keeping Colour.”living-north-November-15
Living North Magazine has also made available their back copies on the internet, so we are able to share some of the most recent articles from this year. Hopefully you will find they are a good read and will help remind you that spring isn’t far away!
I am now writing a monthly column for Living North Magazine – here are just some of the articles published so far this year:
We also had a lovely feature in Yorkshire Times ahead of the RHS National Get Gardening Week
In March our pulmonarias were the star feature in an article in the weekly Garden News Magazine
Articles in 2014
This year it feels like everyone has been talking about us! We have been delighted to feature in a number of national and local publications and we are honoured to have such recognition. Here is a sample:
Land Love Magazine – Gardening Secrets with Vanessa Cook
York Press – Series of Imaginative Sculptures on Show
Yorkshire Ridings Magazine – Planting the Seeds of Success
The Telegraph – How meadows were Lost in the Long Grass
I also had the pleasure of writing these three articles for Living North Magazine throughout the summer
Some of our visitors have also written blogs about their trip to Stillingfleet Garden:
Here are just a few examples of where we have featured in the past:
- Belgian TV Gardening Programme (link no longer available)
- Country Homes and Interiors (2011)
- Yorkshire Post (2011)
- The Daily Telegraph (2011)
- The Journal (2011)
- The Most Amazing Gardens in Britain and Ireland (Readers Digest Publication)
- The Good Gardens Guide edited by Peter King
- Gardens Illustrated named us as one of the best ever cottage gardens
- The Daily Telegraph Gardeners’ Guide to Britain” by Patrick Taylor
- Gardeners’ Favourite Nurseries by Leslie Geddes-Brown
- The English Garden
- Yorkshire Life
- The Garden
- The Independent – named us as one of the top ten June gardens in Great Britain
Stillingfleet Lodge Gardens has also appeared on BBC Gardeners World and we were especially delighted to be included in ‘Castle in the Country’ on BBC 2 amongst others. We are delighted to have received many wonderful reviews and comments from our visitors, the national press and specialist gardening books, magazines and periodicals. Below are a small selection of these, together with links to our recent press articles. We are always very pleased to receive your views which you can do through this link. For comments and feedback on our Workshops, please visit our new Feedback Area here!
Links to Articles
- Dalesman – September 2012
- Daily Telegraph Chic Gardens To Visit
- York Evening Press Profile
- Hello Yorkshire Blog
- The Enduring Gardener Pick of Independent
- Daily Telegraph Article on Pulmonarias
- “One of the best cottage gardens” – Gardens llustrated
- “Worth a long journey to visit.” – RHS Gardens
- “inspiring plant combinations… a tranquil delight” Daily Telegraph
- “At Stillingfleet Lodge nature and nurture combine to create a harmonius whole” The Garden Magazine
Read the blog article of a French visitor: click here.
We have also appeared on BBC Gardeners World and we were especially delighted to be included in ‘Castle in the Country’ on BBC 2 amongst others.